Current Job Postings:
Tower Technician/ Tower Climber
Reports to: Tower Foreman
Classification: Full-Time, Hourly, Non-exempt
This position will be responsible for the installation and service of all tower equipment, related to the infrastructure of Amplex Internet. Must be well organized, reliable, and be able to multi-task effectively. Must have a practical mind to solve problems quickly. Must not be afraid of heights.
1. Install, Maintain, and Upgrade Access Points(Aps), Back Hauls(BHs), Cabling, Cabinets, mounting hardware at heights.
2. Climb and mount equipment to towers, water towers, grain elevators as needed.
3. Assist tower foreman with all aspects of tower upgrades, installs, and maintenance.
4. Serve as part of the on-call rotation for tower emergency or maintenance during off hours.
5. Ability to problem solve issues or alerts with tower equipment.
6. Properly maintain company vehicles, tools, and equipment.
7. Follow all company safety procedures and wear personal protective equipment as required.
8. Assist with special projects or assignment as needed
9. Other duties as necessary.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. 1-3 months related experience and/ or training.
3. High degree of attention to details and accuracy.
4. Must be able to work independently but also be a team player.
5. Solid judgment along with decision making skills
6. CPR/FA certified or ability to be certified.
7. Appropriate certifications as related to tower climber position or ability to be certified.
1. Must be able to multi-task and meet necessary deadlines consistently.
2. Understand spreadsheets, charts, and technical manuals.
3. Reliable and dependable.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is expected to work outdoors year round in all kinds of weather except when there are safety concerns. (ice, lightening, etc)
Must be physically fit and in overall good health. Ability to lift, carry and climb a 75 lb. 32’ ladder, and climb a 400’ tower. Ability to crawl, stoop, kneel, and drive a truck.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Must pass background check with no undisclosed issues.
Must be insurable under Company insurance policy. (Driver’s License)
Must pass pre-employment drug
Interested? Email cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Amplex provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements Amplex complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Amplex expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Amplex’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.